I just figured the drill was toast and ordered an new one, saved the 760 for salvageable parts.
The DCD950 & the DCD970 are the EXACT same drill except the clutch ring, which is black on the 950 and silver on the 970.
The difference is the batteries that are included 950 has the XRPs and 970 has the new NANO's(lithium-ion). OK, back to the comparison
Pros of the DCD970/950 VS the DCD760KL
1. Much Better balance
2. More power in both low & mid-range
(Dewalt says the DCD760KL have 480 unit watts vs the DCD970's 450, but the DCD970 is more powerful
3. WAY smoother speed selector (moves back and forth, not in an semi-ellipse like the 760)
4. L.E.D light on front
5. Shorter in length
6. Drill/screw/hammerdrill, various clutch settings are no longer on the same ring, clutch now has its own ring.
Cons of the DCD760KL
1. Due to pressure from an group of so called "tool users" who ONLY seem to care about aesthetics,
Dewalt changed the base to the new nano style, which means if you actually use the drill it only has space for one bit on the front & WILL Not hold a screw guide or short nutsetters very good,
whereas the old style base could fit a screw guide for TEK screws on one side and a 1/4" and 5/16" short nutsetters for tapcons on the other side.
However, overall the DCD970/950 is a great drill & deserves 4.75 stars,
if Dewalt would change the base it would be a 5 star item,
but that will never happen thanks to people who care more about how an tool looks rather than how well it works.
I cleaned off my old DCD760KL and put in an fresh battery and the thing works! Great now I have two,
I guess that is what I get for asuming things, oh great I like the DCD970 better anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment