Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Best DCD760KL Drill I Have Ever Gotten My Hands on. Cordless or Otherwise

There're certain tools that everyone should have in order to complete basic repairs & tasks. I consider an cordless drill to be in this category, 
because with a great set of DCD760KL drill bits & an screwdriver attachment, you can do just about anything basic you need to mount things
(amongst other more complicated tasks).


Basically, you are reading these reviews to see if you can justify dropping the extra coin on this puppy, right? 
Why not get a off-brand for 1/2 the price? 
Great, it is up to you, but I think if you go for something cheaper you'll regret it in a year or two. 
Read on for why that is.


This DCD760KL drill kit has a couple major things going for it:
- Very excellent balanced. You may not think about it when you first pick it up, but the weight of the battery vs the weight of the motor, separated by the handle matters. 
A lot. You need to be able to do things with it one-handed 
(even though you shouldn't! Seriously, be safe. Get another set of hands if you need it.), and you need to be able to have control where you can focus less about the DCD760KL drill shifting in your hands & more about where you are aiming it.
This's probably the best balanced drill I have ever used.
- Comes with a extra battery pack. Another thing that has saved me time... countless times. Oh shoot, you could only work for 20 minutes because you forgot to recharge the battery? 
No problem! Switch to your backup while the dead battery charges. 
When you finish, move the recharged battery back to the drill while the backup recharges. Then you put it all away.
- Incredibly sturdy construction. I have dropped & kicked this thing accidentally quite an few times & not only is it still operational, it is not even got a scratch! 
It is built like a tank & I have yet to overheat it 
(although I hear that it has protection mechanisms to disable the DCD760KL drill if the motor is close to being damaged from overheating).
- No hand crank! The system for changing drill bits makes me so happy. 
No more hand crank gears to keep track of, or duct tape to the cord, or gears on the DCD760KL drill to avoid wearing down or have to maintain and grease up. Nope! 
Just set it to the resistance level for changing out, back it out, change it out, and back it in. 
All done! It is something I take for granted now, but it is a huge boon.


All in all, this's an beautifully crafted drill that's a dream to use & built like a tank. 
No task has been too much for it to date & I do not see one coming anytime soon. 
When you are ready to invest in an drill that will last you, pick this bad boy up. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment