The batteries finally started to give out in 2009. My wife (with my guidance) buy me the 18 volt Dewalt DCD760KL for Christmas 2010.
I prefer the smaller size & lighter weight over many others I looked at. The insides are the same as some of the more industrial Dewalt DCD760KL cordless drills.
I have used it for almost a year now & could not be happier with the choice. The batteries are fully charged in about 20 minutes.
It sits on the shelf for months at a time and you'd think I just took the battery out of the charger when I retrieve it to do some work.
Anyone familiar with lithium battery knows there's no gradual decline in performance. They provide full power right up to the last drop of current then nothing.
That might take a little getting used to for some folks. With two batteries it's of very little concern to me and a lot better than having the DCD760KL drill loose power and performance slowly.
I thought at first that the LED light in front of the trigger was too much like an cheap cordless household drill feature but I have actually found it very useful when trying to get just an little more done while the sun is setting or working in low light conditions.
The key-less chuck is the easiest one I have ever used & the multitude of clutch settings are excellent.
I have used it for everything from driving hundreds of 3 inch screws & boring through hundred years old locust posts to mounting shelves & hanging pictures. It's a excellent tool!
No comments:
Post a Comment